DAY 3

San Francisco Travel Blog

Alcatraz Island.

This is our last day here before we fly back to Los Angeles. But today, I made sure I was going to do everything I left out on my list of things to do. First, clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. We headed off to the wharf around 9AM, where we knew that it wasn't going to be crowded... especially during that time of day. We went to the nearest one we could find. Me and Karen shared one, and I have to say that it's one of the best breakfasts that was the most affordable to me.

For the most part, we spent the rest of the morning walking around the wharf and checking out the various little shops that they had. There was so much chocolate and toys that I couldn't believe it! Then we went out to the pier to take a look at the sea lions that piled up on top of one another. It was funny and stinky at the same time!

After that, Clint took us to Carousel, which was right across the zoo. He's been preaching to me about this place ever since I've met him... so the hype was built up to a point where I couldn't take it. Well, I have to say that the burgers were great at such an affordable price. If I have enough time, I'll write a review about it... but for now, that's all I can say. The flight leaves around 2... but that basically summarizes the entire trip.

AtlantaScottyV says:
Ya know? I heard that same thing and this place - very stinky! I may avoid it when I make it out to SFO - whenever that is. Seems it's always through the airport only!
Posted on: Oct 19, 2006
Sea Lion?
Sea Lion?
Sea Lions?!?!?!
Sea Lions?!?!?!
Best Philly Cheese Steak In The Bay Area
I always convince my friend to drive me out to the Mission area of San Francisco because they truly do have some of the best food that you'll find in … read entire review
San Francisco Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
First of all, this is my first visit to the Bistro Boudin at the Fisherman's Wharf. I have to say that waking up early in the morning really does get … read entire review
San Francisco Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Every part of my meal was more than I expected. If you are going to the wharf, A. Sabella's is definitely one of the restaurants t… read entire review