Our portugese family

Viana do Castelo Travel Blog

Arrive 10 to 4 and walk down the main street to Hotel Alicanta.   Walk down town for coffee.   Me and Deann to Internet, Mum back to hotel.   Look around shopping mall.   To tea at ‘Glamour’.   Very nice.   Mum had filet mignon and strawberry dessert.   I had  acorn feed boar and coffee crepe.   Deann had duck.   On the way back to the hotel there was a carnival going on and salsa dancers, so we watched those for a while.   Got back to the hotel and there was a message from Susannah who we met on the Moroccan tour with her Mum Candida and dad Antonio.

Sunday 10th

I go down to chemist and get me some fix it medicine for mum.  Meet Antonio and Susannah for lunch.   We went out of town a short way and had a buffet lunch, which was very nice.   Antonio paid for it all, which we didn’t really expect.  He then took us to their house to see if Candida was ok as she hadn’t been well.   We all then went up to the top of the hill to see Santa Luzia Church.   It was absolutely gorgeous inside.   An amazing view from the top of the hill over the city, so we took photo’s, then we went out to Susannah’s favourite beach, which was pretty cool.   Lovely golden sand.   Antonio then dropped us back at the hotel.   Took a walk up to the shopping centre and Mum bought a cardy and a jersey and I got a top.   Back to have a cup of tea, beer and a drink.   Stop at Souvenir shop and get a few items, then back to hotel.

Monday 11th.

Mum wanted to buy a little china vase in the shape of a shirt, but the shop wasn’t open.   Catch train back down to Porto

Viana do Castelo