I love all queens

Antigua Travel Blog

Main Square

I replaced my camera today with an overpriced Canon digital camera.  There are plenty of camera stores in Antigua, but they only sell Canon and Kodak for some reason.  Walked around town and discovered there are a wide variety of tour companies that take you on the same trip, but offer different prices.  So, if you want to do some leg work, you can get some of the day trips out of Antigua at a discount, especially compared to Jungle Party’s trip prices.

Mali, my dorm mate, and I had dinner at Frida’s Restaurant.  This is a chain restaurant in Guatemala; the food is great, but on the expensive side.  I had the fajitas, which have zucchini as well as onions and bell peppers to accompany the meat.

After dinner I realized I had missed my telephone interview for a job back in Texas because apparently Guatemala does not observe daylight savings time.  So I frantically ran around Antigua looking for an international calling store that was still open.  I finally found one, and the excuse for missing the original time slot was well accepted.  I just wish the interview went as well.  Oh well, “a job aint nothing but work.”

Back at the hostel everyone was in veg mode, so we just hung out and did nothing.

Quote of the day:  I love my queen!  I love all queens darling!

Main Square
loads of tour companies in the squ…
loads of tour companies in the sq…
Fridas Restaurant