Zone 10 and a Guatemalan house party

Guatemala City Travel Blog

toes by marco

I spent most of the day exploring Zone 10 with Rens, a Dutchmen, who i met at the hostel.  I finally got in contact with my friend Pao, and she tells me of a house party with a beach theme.  So i rally the troops from the hostel.  Rens, Marco, Tim, and i pile in a taxi willing to take us where we want to go for the price we wanted to pay, which took a little negoitating.  The house was in a gated community, and after some confusing discussions with the security guard we were permitted inside.

Have you ever showed up to a party where you knew only one person, and as you walked in, the music seems to stop, and everyone stops drinking to stare at you.  Well, that happened.  The awkwardness did not last long.  I found Pao, and as it turned out, the party had been going on since midday, and we arrived around 10pm.  So as Pao tells it, you just missed all the fun.  Yeah right, that is the first time i heard that one.  Nonetheless, we had a good time.  There is a video on the internet somewhere of my bonging beers.  We met all of Pao's friends and drank at the party for a few hours.

After the party we headed to a bar.  I convinced everyone they needed to take us to a bar in Zone 10, that way we would be able to walk home after the bar.  So they took us to La Playa, a pretty cool bar with loads of locals.  After closing down the bar we headed back to our hostel.

house party