Travel Day: Guatemala City to San Pedro, Guatemala

San Pedro La Laguna Travel Blog

Trippys

I woke up early to catch the chicken bus heading to the lake and  San Pedro.  As i was waiting at the bus stop, two policemen in a truck stopped and informed me that i should always have my bag in my lap, because theft crime is big in Guatemala and particularly on chicken buses.  No shit.

This was the worst bus ride to date (it gets worse).  After this bus ride my testicles were swollen and bruised, which resembled two grapefruits.  It was like being on a four hour wooden roller coaster ride, not cool.  I hired a tuk tuk driver to take me to Trippy's Hostel.  Marco told me about Trippy's, and the great time he had there, so that was where i was headed.  It was 30Q per night for some pretty basic accommodations apropo for Central America.

After getting settled in, i wandered aimlessly throught the streets getting lost several times.  Trippy's is located in a maze of streets that all look pretty similar.  Luckily i ran into a guy from the hostel who was headed to The Buddha.  The Buddha is a really cool restaurant/bar that has great food, cool music, and people hanging out drinking.  I went home pretty early to nurse the swollen step children.

relaxing at Trippys