Travel Day: Back to Antigua and the Jungle Party

Antigua Travel Blog

Antigua part 2

No water out of the sink again this morning, this is quite possibly the worst hotel ever, and after staying in Central America for nearly a month, this is saying something.  I took the 8 am and only shuttle to Antigua.  It was very crowded and very uncomfortable.

We arrived at 4pm, and I was able to secure the last room at Jungle Party.  This is where I learned other travelers had electronics stolen from Jungle Party, which makes me believe it is an inside job.  So if you stay at Jungle Party, guard your valuables with your life!

I had dinner and some beers at Monoloco with a dude from Jungle Party.  Monoloco is a sports bar early and turns into a proper bar later in the evening, with loads of locals from Guatemala City on the weekends.  I really liked this bar, the food was pretty good too, but it is American cuisine.

After Monoloco, everyone from Jungle Party headed over to La Sala, the salsa bar.  Every Thursday night La Sala is ladies night, so it can get pretty crowded.  After my first beer, I felt pretty bad, probably because I knew I had to wake up at 5am, which was in a few hours.

Antigua