Jungle Party Barbeque

Antigua Travel Blog

the tripod

I lounged around all day nursing a massive hangover.  I pretty much just watched movies all day at Jungle Party, happy not to move very much.  Saturday at Jungle Party is the barbecue.  For 60 or 70Q you get all you can eat food.  However, the day I was there the grill was inoperable, so the dude had to cook all the food in the small kitchen.  The food didn’t turn out that entirely great, but there was loads of it, so that helped.

After dinner the staff tries to get everyone involved in games, like musical chairs and some kind of spoon and egg game.  Some of it was fun, but most was kind of lame, alcohol helps though.

After the “fun” games, most of us kept the party going at Riley’s, again.  We drank at Riley’s for awhile before crossing the street to Casbah.  Again the cover was 30Q.  Casbah was crowded with weekend warriors from Guatemala City.  After Casbah, we heard about an after party.  So we hopped in someone’s truck, and survived a stunt driver’s mad dash through the narrow streets of Antigua.  The cover for the after party was 20Q, stupid, and it got very crowded.  There was only 1 bartender, which made getting drinks very difficult.  I got tired of fighting the crowds, so I left for the hostel around 3am.

Quote of the Day:  “I am the dream catcher”

casbah