I'm an Illegal Alien

Punta Gorda Travel Blog

Punta Gorda
Armed with the advice from the owner of Nature's Way, I went to the customs office in Punta Gorda.  After waiting for the office to open, and waiting in line, the customs lady did not want anything to do with me.  After explaining to her what happened the day before she simply said she could not help me.  Luckily a man outside the office heard our conversation and promised he could help.

So I jumped on board of this charter to Punta Barrios, Guatemala illegaly.  I paid 40BZD for the one way trip.  Next to me sat this lady who decided she needed to convert me to some religion or another.  That drives me crazy.  For 45 minutes I zoned out as this lady chirpped on.

Once we arrived the captain informed me i should wait awhile before i walk into the customs office, and tell them that i was leaving Guatemala today (for the first time of course).
funny sign
  The boat was not leaving for a few hours, so i had plenty of time, but i was eager to get this over with.  I wanted to make sure i would become legal again.  I was stamped out without any complications for 10BZD, and had lunch by the port and waited for the next boat.

The boat finally left for Belize and cost another 35BZD, but i was now legal!  Forty five minutes later i was back at Punta Gorda searching for a bus to Belize City, but of course i just missed the last bus, which left at 3pm.  Instead, i had to book a flight to Belize City in the morning to make my flight back to the states.  Mo' money thrown away, 214BZD to be exact.

Knowing that i would stay another night in Punta Gorda, i booked another night at Nature's Way.
my illegal boat run