Day 3 - Coco Cay, Bahamas

Coco Cay Travel Blog

Welcome to Coco Cay
We got up just in time to make it to breakfast. We noticed the line to leave the boat, so we figured we'd get ready right after breakfast and head on shore. We got to the island around 10ish and headed straight for the snorkeling rental station, signed out our equipment, and found a locker to store it in. From there we went exploring. The island was really nice and clean, with so many activities to do. Coco Cay is run by Royal Caribbean (it's their "private island"), and if there were any activities we wanted to do that we had not already signed up for, all we had to do was show them our room key and they took care of everything.

We only had one excursion scheduled for the day - a 2 hour kayaking tour - but it was canceled.
We're happy!
Instead, the manager arranged for us to rent a kayak for 1/2 hour for free. We went out on the water - it was a funny sight to see me try to push the boat into the water. We had to be aware of everything - one section was reserved for snorkeling, another for parasailing, another for wave runners. At one point a guy came speeding up to us on a waverunner asking if we were ok. We had stopped moving and were just sitting, relaxing, but apparently we had drifted into the path of the waverunners!

After the kayaking experience, it was time for a free BBQ lunch. Yay for free food! We ate until we couldn't eat anymore. The food was delicious - I piled my plate as high as I dared, but Troy just went up for seconds. Even the iced tea was great!

After lunch, we went shopping and then we decided to lay out on the lounge chairs for awhile to digest. Finally, we went snorkeling :) I love snorkeling, it's so much fun. I didn't enjoy it as much this time because I was having breathing problems and didn't want to chance swimming out too far. I still took a lot of pictures anyway and had fun.

We finally left the island around 3:30ish and headed back to our ship to shower and change. That night was the formal dinner night, so we got all dressed up and went to get our pictures taken to kill time before dinner. Our day at Coco Cay was definitely my favorite day of the trip.
Were happy!
We're happy!
Kayaking is fun!
Kayaking is fun!
Troy snorkeling in the crystal cle…
Troy snorkeling in the crystal cl…
Coco Cay beach