Dead and Itchy

London Travel Blog

So this afternoon, despite getting to work astonishingly late, due to a recent development of complete and utter lack of enthusiasm, I left early to endure the last of my shots.

Today was simply the final Hep B.... or A I can't remember which now, and the third and final Rabies shot.  I am now completely covered against everything I would likely otherwise catch.

Even though I left work early the traffic was absolutely horrendous and I was on the only London bus with a courteous driver who at every conceivable opportunity gave way to all the other buses and cars who were far more assertive in the peak hour traffic.  Is there such a thing as Passenger Rage?  If not you heard it here first folks.

Making the next bad move of the day I abandoned the bus at Oxford Circus thinking I could walk quicker to Tottenham Court Road. Boy, was I wrong.

The peak hour pavement was busier than the roads which I noticed miraculously cleared once I got off the bus.

Somehow I made it on time and saw the lovely Kiwi lady who does my shots.  We chatted while she gave me the shots and I have to say the Rabies hurts more and more with every subsequent shot.

For my complaining she threw a handful of Chup-a-Chups in my handbag and I'm sucking on a flavour I've never had before... Berries Yoghurt Flavour.which tastes exactly like a bowl of berries and yoghurt. Fab.

If you're looking for a good place to get your shots in London check out 1st Contact.  They're really central on New Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road tube and they were even cheaper than my works occupational health (NHS) which isn't right at all.

londonstudent says:
Well at least you managed to get off the bus. I usually find it grinds to a halt 50yds before a bus-stop, and the driver resolutely refuses to open the doors to let me off, citing regulations, despite the all-too-obvious fact that the bus isn't going to move an inch for at least 5 minutes *rage rage*
Posted on: Sep 26, 2006