So close and yet so far

Melbourne Travel Blog

Pilgrim Credential (Passport)

I am down to counting 'days' now; what a milestone. It has been a massive effort to get to this place but I can now feel the nervous temperature rising in my stomach. I remember this feeling from last time.

The choice to walk the Via de la Plata (VdlP) was a brilliant one and I am so happy that the book fell into my hands and tempted me to walk 1000km instead of 800m. 'There are no accidents'. (Right?)

OK - so news to date: I have a (possible) hotel booked in Paris for 3 nights, a couchsurf for the remaining 2 nights and a meeting in Paris at Brasserie Au St Jacques for Pilgrims on my last night there. My flight to Sevilla is booked , arriving Saturday noon and a couchsurf for 2 nights over the weekend with a gorgeous looking Spanish guy (Eduardo!). I am thinking . . .tapas, vino, Flamenco, . . . .

I received my Credential, (Pilgrim Passport) this week from a member of the French confraternity (also met on CS). Such generosity and I have not even left home yet.  So you see, I am all set. My bag is packed and all I need is a very wide brimmed crushable hat and a corkscrew (I am not joking!!) - stelvins are not popular in Spain and wine is fabulous for muscle inflamation. . .apparently.

spinner_venturi says:
Hi Grace, Hope you have a great walk. Will keep an eye on your blog. Please keep us informed on how you are getting on with your journey.

Never been to Spain but have had a great time on the road in France in the past.

All the best,