Leaving - On My Bike

Melbourne Travel Blog

Last trip out of the garage

The time has finally come - Project Olympia is in it's final stages. In a few hours from now i will be on the plane jetting to Paris. No nerves, just a strange shaking throughout my entire body as I come to grips with the enormity of the task I am about to undertake.

I know there will be plenty of friends and family sending me kind thoughts and prayers. In return I will be carrying their prayers with me and lighting candles at every Pilgrim church. It will be a very different pilgrimage to the last one; longer distances, hotter temperatures, more miles.

3 months away from my beautiful pets will be hard but I know they are in the best hands. My divine friend, Paul is taking on the role of den mother and ensuring that they get plenty of love and food ! (in that order).

My first stop will be Paris, Hotel de Nesle on the Left Bank. It is a quirky 20 room 'hotel' more famous for it's creative murals on the walls than for service. Take a look if you want to see some Paris Kitsch (www.hoteldenesle.net). I will also be staying with a CS (Couchsurfer) in Montmartre for my final 2 nights in Paris. She lives a street away from where Amelie was filmed -> find me soaking up the cafe's and funky shops.

OK - it's time to zip up the pack, check for Passport, money and tissues (yes - I have a 'nervous' cold) and get on my bike!!

spinner_venturi says:
Hey Grace,
Amazing hotel. How long did you stay there? Which room did you choose?

Spinner