A Walk to Remember

Manila Travel Blog

Fort Santiago

When we live on a place for a long time, sometimes we ignore some beautiful sites it offers.

I have been living in Manila for almost seven years and I never had the wonderful chance to explore the walled city - Intramuros.

February 17, my housemate and I decided to have an 'educational' tour to Intramuros.

We started in Fort Santiago and welcomed by security guards dressed in Guardia Civil (spanish guards) uniforms. The entrance fee is P40.

(Unfortunately, the battery of my digital camera went dead, so sorry, I don't have enough pictures to upload.)

The place is soothing - fountains, grass, calachuchi trees, old bridge/moat.

Fort Santiago
. sigh I felt like stepping back to that era

We went inside to where Jose Rizal, our national hero was detained. Then we followed some of his footsteps going to Bagumbayan (now Rizal Park or Luneta). There was also a museum of Rizal's furnitures, his works and even his clothes! There is also a museum honoring his Noli Me Tangere. Beautiful paintings hang on the walls showcasing different chapters of his famous novel.

After touring Fort Santiago, we proceeded to Intramuros. Nothing interesting happened, because all the museums are closed at that time coz it was already after 5pm and it was a Sunday. BAD :(

So we just enjoyed walking and taking pictures (using my phone cam which I am lazy to upload). We passed along a big antique store and bought souvenirs :)

We fancied eating in Ilustrado restaurant but it was also closed and we decided to take a calesa going to Seafood Wharf along Roxas Blvd. We chose a table facing Manila Bay and we ate tinolang isda. Yummie!

The night was young but we were already tired. We walked for more than 3 hours! But definitely, it was worthy

Fort Santiago
I borrowed my roomates cam so I ca…
I borrowed my roomates cam so I c…
With Rizaline Furnitures
With Rizaline Furnitures
beside a fallen guardia civil
beside a fallen guardia civil
Intramuros
Manila Cathedral - I want to get m…
Manila Cathedral - I want to get …
In Intramuros