Cadilac Ranch

Amarillo Travel Blog

Once we got into New Mexico somwhere my brother took over driving because I wasnt feeling well.  We drove along I-40 for awhil and then we cam into Amarillo TX and Stanley Marshes Cadilac Ranch.  We had both heard about it  and were on the lookout but I quess we were not looking too closely because we missed it.  We found a rest stop and got directions turned around and pulled off onto this little acces road along side the highway.  No wonder why we missed it.  We got out and let our selves in through the gate into a cow pasture being very carefull of where we were walking we stayed for about 20 mins snapping pictures and mooing at the cows who were mooing at us.  There was graffiti on all the cars and apperently its encouraged  but it was one of those odd sites that just had to be seen who really would bury 5 cadilacs hood deep into a cow pasture?  It has been done and on our next road trip we plan on seeing Car Hendge its exaclty what it sounds like.  Back on the road and into Oklahoma where a freind of our was going to wire us some money.  I told her instead of taking a bus home from Georgia I would give her a ride back.  So after making it to Oklahoma and picking up the transfer we got a hotel and slept for the night a nice warm place to sleep yay!
photo by: fabienuk