Experiencing Taal's Charm

Taal Travel Blog

We took a boat from Villa Manalo Resort
Summer is here! And I haven't done anything to enjoy it - no beach trips, no Baguio or Sagada climb. . . my summer is simply a drag! To break the monotony, I compulsively asked 2 of my friends to go to Tagaytay! Noreena was already at my place at around 7:30am. We made plans on what to do and where to go. Adarbil, the owner of Ada's Adventure Travel and Tours (the office is in Room 406, E.G. Dy Bldg.) wanted to go to Tagaytay just for a SPA?! What?! Luckily, Noreena and I were of the same interest.. go hike up and see Taal Crater. Off we go to Buendia and took a 2-hour busride to Tanauan, Batangas. From Tanauan, a jeepney brought us to Talisay. The kind driver dropped us off in Villa Manalo Beach Resort.

Manalo Resort offers one of the cheapest package. The 2,500-peso package includes bancaride, 3 horses (plus tips for the 3 kutsero), and P50 environmental fee. Usually, just for the horse ride, it costs 500 each. But with Ada's haggling power, we really had a good deal.

The road is dusty, and taking a horse is an excellent decision.
Horseback riding to the crate
And my kutsero is kind enough to take pictures of me while riding my horse. I felt like im a White Castle Whisky model! But my boobs were jiggly during the ride, I should have worn a sports bra!

Bounce! Bounce! Bounce!

After 30 minutes, we arrived at the crater's viewing area. The view is amazing! Most of the tourists were Koreans. Too bad, few Pinoy appreciate this kind of tour.

Taal volcano is the smallest and one of the deadliest volcano in the world! It's a volcano within a volcano
(hope my facts are right)

At around 2:00PM, we went back to the resort and then we headed to Tagaytay. We visited People's Park or Palace in the Sky. The place is in ruins but the picturesque 360-degree view it offers is worth more than the P15 entrance.
Do you think it's ok if they increase the entrance fee and renovate the place? But I think the decaying building adds a gothic beauty that contrasts the scene below.

So much for that.. I wanted to catch the sunset but we dine in Leslie's and the only sight is the sunset's reflection against the clouds. It's still captivating though.

I guess Leslie's specialty is bulalo, so we ordered one. Just see the picture on how hungry we were.
We wanted to dine on one of the protruding cottages facing taal volcano, but there is aP500 charge. So we agreed to eat inside the restaurant where good music played.

I cant stop myself commenting on their unique lavs. The faucet is a reminiscent of the old bomba and a train railtracks leads you to the toilet's entrance.Cute, huh?

Tired and full (soo busog!) we went back home. I still have a little grudge because I wasn't able to buy some pies from Bag of Beans :(

Villa Manalo Beach Resort
Ben Manalo: 09193937507 Brgy Zone 8
Ed Manalo: 0920-508-5558 Pob. Talisay, Batangas
Bert Matienzo: 0920-602-7551

more pictures in my multiplysite
yheleen says:
thank you soooo much for the info :) very helpful talaga.. we plan to go to Tagaytay tomorrow (with fellow travbuddies) and we just don;t know how to get there :) this is really helpful.. salamat ha?
Posted on: Jul 17, 2008
We took a boat from Villa Manalo R…
We took a boat from Villa Manalo …
Horseback riding to the crate
my first attempt of photostitching.
my first attempt of photostitching.
Sunset. View from Starbucks
Sunset. View from Starbucks
Peoples Park in the Sky aka Peopl…
People's Park in the Sky aka Peop…
Going Home