Murano glass and lots of it

Murano Travel Blog

Next stop on our island hopping trip was Murano :) I have not taken any pictures because it wasn't that nice to be honest. It is just a smallish version of Venice and not very pretty. You can get Murano glass everywhere. We had a hard time finding a shop that sells water or sandwiches. I eat almost everything but glass is not on the list yet. I bought a few things for friend and family, I suppose you'd have to ;) We only stayed for a little while and then we were heading back to Venice.

Back to San Marco and from there trying to find the restaurant we have seen the first night here. It looked kind of nice, so we thought we'd give it a go. OH MY GOD...what a mistake. The food was rotten and the service was appaling. The waiter wouldn't speak english to us (we have made an effort to speak alittle italian but it was clear we're no locals!) and they were not very friendly. The food was bland and didn't look fresh and we ordered chips (I know, don't say anything!) and they weren't even cooked. I'll try and find the name of the restaurant or at least the street it was in to keep you guys from doing the same mistake.

After that we went to a concert in Scuola Grande di San Rocco. It was Vivaldi's 'Quattro Stagione' and it was magnificent. It is a beautiful church to start with and the paintings inside are marvellous. It is definitely worth a visit. We have booked the tickets for the concert in our hotel and it was well worth it. It was a good finish to our trip. A shame that dinner was so bad but the rest of the day made up for it.

photo by: Stevie_Wes