Nothing in Bangkok is ever simple...

Bangkok Travel Blog

me and angela on ths skytrain!

So it was my first full day in Thailand!! Very exciting. We had some yummy breakfast at our hostel and then set out to do a bit of sightseeing. We walked to the skytrain station, on the way shooting down heaps of tuk tuk drivers offering to take us on a sightseeing tour of the city. We took the awesome air conditioned train to the last station and then tried to figure out how to get to the water bus. Turns out its not very hard. We got our tickets and were on our way to Wat Pho? Well, we wanted to go the Grand Palace but ended up just going there. We got off the boat at stop 8 and went to the Reclining Buddha place. It only cost 50 Baht to get in and you can borrow a shall if you're shoulders arent covered.

Inside the temple with the reclinging buddha was really cool.

wes and jeremy on the water bus
The buddha was GIANT! We walked around it for a while and took a ton of photos before wandering the rest of the temple area. It was really interesting, all the buildings are so intricately designed, theres so much to look at! Loved it there. We then left and I guess we left out the wrong door because we had no idea where we were. Its funny walking around, taxis that drive past honk their horn and ask if you want a ride. At home that so does not happen. We just wanted to eat but we couldn't find anywhere. The tuk tuks only wanted to take us on city tours which we didn't want. Also, we figured out the temple we were at was NOT the grand palace, whoopsies. Guess we'll have to do that one another day. We ended up deciding just to go to MBK, the giant mall.
water bus station
We had lunch there and wandered around. I bought an Ipod charger. Very exciting. Theres soo many stores there its insane! Its fun just wandering around though. Afterwards we caught the skytrain back to our hostel. Again, turning down SO many taxis and tuk tuks and souvenirs and shows and whatever. Everything you do in Thailand takes like 3 times the amount of time it should! So irritating. But I guess they're just doing their jobs.

We got back to our hostel and chilled out for a bit, used some free internet time. Later on we went for dinner and found this reeeally cute yummy cheap restaurant up the road from us. So good. Afterwards we went back and chatted for a while, played some cards. Christina arrived too and joined us. We played asshole, which was a lot of fun except for the really annoying guy who kept telling me i was playing the wrong cards. ITS JUST A GAME. gah I had to leave I was getting so annoyed haha. It was a sweet day anyway though!

inside wat..pho? maybe
group photo
group photo
taxi to MBK
taxi to MBK
dinner at the best restaurant ever!
dinner at the best restaurant ever!
first bucket