Flying to Bangkok

Bangkok Travel Blog

big mac..in cardboard
My flight from Melbourne to Bangkok left at 1:10pm so I left to the airport as soon as I checked out, which was 9:30. The hostel I stayed at there was awesome, the owner is letting me store my bags there for free for 3 weeks! So nice. So I left my suitcase and some things there so I'd have the least amount of luggage possible. I got to the airport at maybe 10:00? 10:30 probably. So with plenty of time to check in and look around. I was one of the first ones to check in so I got a extra leg room seat..awesome. I like to go to the departure area right away just so I can relax, get something to eat..whatever. Well, lesson learned..Melbourne airport sucks! They have tons of restaurants before you go through customs but almost nothing after! I was pretty pissed, I really wanted Hungry Jacks lol and I knew JetStar was gunna make me pay for everything.
night markets
Grrr. Oh well. I had a pretty awesome seat on the plane and had really good luck with the person sitting next to me. It was an English woman working in Melbourne, she was so nice we chatted for quite a while. And then the plane was delayed 50 minutes..

We landed in Bangkok at about 9:30 and went through customs and then I caught a cab to my hostel for 600 Baht. It was a bit of a rip off I think but I was so tired I didn't really care lol. Got to the hostel at 10ish and met Angela, who was already there. The hostel was SOO nice, one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at! We met Wes and Jeremy in our room and then went to get food. We just went to Maccas because I was so hungry I couldn't be bothered to find a good Thai place to eat. They've got some funny things at the McDonalds here. After that we wondered around the night markets in Patpong and I got my first real Bangkok experience. They are SO in your face about everything, it gets irritating but its all part of the experience. I can't even tell you how many times I was asked to go to a ping pong show. After doing some wandering there we went back to Lub D and chilled out downstairs before heading to bed.
Bangkok