Pit of Hell - Round 3 & 4

Lake Elsinore Travel Blog

We took along our crazy friend Maire for this trip so we were packed tight into the truck. Luckily it isn't a far drive from Vegas and we had good music to help the journey. When we arrived at what was to be a "great" Action Sport Festival we discovered it was 117 degrees outside and it was all covered in dust. The area of the "lake" that was designated for the racers was basically a small canal type penisula at the tip was a huge area set up for some X-Games riders such as Jermey McGrath; which I'm sure would've been cool but it was too hot to make our way down there at any point during the three days. Along with all the jet ski racers they had wake boarders who performed during breaks in the races. When it got dark it cooled down to a sizzling 103 degrees, our generator died several times on us but we still looked for relief in the trailer since it was the only place with shade. The night also attracted bugs to anywhere there was light, we got smart and used the massive flood lights from the announcers booth to redirect there attention. By the second day I got smart and took my camp chair down to the grimy water and stuck it right in, not caring what was in the stagnate water or that I wouldn't be able to wash it off me for two more days just needing to bring my body temperature down, it worked! From that point on Marie and I lived in our chairs in the water cheering on the racers, who would occassionally buzz the beach just to give us an extra splash for good measure. The drive home was a true test of love and friendship since we all smelled terrible and we smashed together and had spent 7 hours helping Mike and Kelly pack up the RV after cooking the last staff meal. In fairness to Elsinore we did visit during a heat wave and from what I understand the whole city is all about making their town an X-Games town including a dirt bike trail that runs right through the middle of town but I'm really hoping to not have Elsinore on the tour next year. Eric took 4th and 1st which overall leads to 1st and maintained his points lead.
Lake Elsinore