Samba Club

Rio de Janeiro Travel Blog

One of the most attractive activity in Brazil and particularly Rio is Samba, the famous Brazilian dance. Almost all people visiting Brazil seek to see Samba. It's not difficult as you can see it by chance in street parties. However, most of people will spend at least one night in Samba club.

According to tourist interests, there are numerous Samba clubs in Rio hosting tourists, but what you'll see there is some kind of show as many foregin people are involved in the scene.

Since I had many Brazilia friends there, they invite me to visit a real Samba club ... I mean where Brazilians spend their time. The club was far from Rio famous beaches ... something like 1 hour drive (of course in empty streets at night ;)

The environment was really amazing. Rarely you could find tourist there, only locals. It was a real party. Unlike crowded Rio dance clubs (damn electronic music), the environment was comfortable as you could meet new people, talk with them ....

In addition, the price for anything was good ...

You can see there in some pics I took there. Sorry for low quality as there was a little light there ... and a kinda light not possible for photography ;)

Oh, by the way, don't ask me where it is .... as I don't know :p

Anyway, I wish the best for you to enjoy Samba club in your next Rio trip ;)