AsiaChinaXi'an

Xi'an to Luoyang

Xi'an Travel Blog

Today we really didn’t do much apart from wandering around town and chilling out. Xi’an is a nice place, but after you’ve seen the warriors and looked at the walls, there’s not a whole lot to do. That evening we were taking a train to Luoyang, the home of the Shaolin, so we were killing time until then. The train departed at 2am, and at around1am I suggested that we wander through the Muslim quarter which was so pretty the last time we went there. This time it was quite different. Everyone was closing down their stalls and it was quiet and deserted. As we wandered further we came across dark streets with people lurking all around. I started to get a bad feeling (no helped by Fab’s constant teases that I’ll be walking past a doorway and someone will grab me and I’ll never be seen again) so suggested we head back, which we did.

We found a cab at around 1:30am and arrived at the train station (which smelled like cow dung). Our train arrived and we found our way to our bed. The carriage was dark and the ‘cabins’ were not as nice as the ones we’d been accustomed to. We handed over our tickets and tried to sleep. I woke up around every 30 minutes, thinking we needed to get off the train and Fab had no leg room, and there was no A/C so he was uncomfortable too.

Xi'an