What are the odds?

Primorsko Travel Blog

OK...so like I was saying I had spent 8 weeks traveling around Provence, France with Rotary International.  It was a great experience but after staying with a new Rotary family every few days and constant meals, meeting and sightseeing I was ready for a break.  FYI- the average French Rotarian is 72 years old.  So after we all said our good byes I jumped a flight for Istanbul where I spent a week in Istanbul before heading to Primorsko, Bulgaria.  After about 175 km and a 9 hour bus ride I made it there.  I was ready for a week at a resort on the Black Sea, myself especially, I was ready for something different.  After another 45 minute taxi ride from the town to the resort I checked in.  Finally!

The next day I get up and head to lunch, I slept in, it was a long day before.  As I look over the menu, it look very French to me.  Then as I listen to everyone I notice that everyone is speaking French as well.  At first I thought I was having flashbacks, but everyone was speaking French.  I asked the waiter and he said that the entire staff spoke French becasue this was a resort that catered to French tourists!  And after another quick look around I realized that not only was everyone speaking French, but I would say the average age was about 72.

tvillingmarit says:
Ok you got something different, visiting Istanbul with old Frenchmen, different? Yes. LOL
Posted on: May 11, 2008