Adelaide

Adelaide Travel Blog

Big house

The next day was reserved for going into the city, where we parked the car in a covered car park and then took the free (yes, free!) bus which circles around the city centre. First stop was something I had been looking forward to for ages: The Central Markets. They are covered markets with more than 250 shops under one roof. Finally some more exotic food: all types of cheeses and sausages, nuts, olives, cakes, breads and biscuits. Unfortunately I couldn’t buy to much as we had nowhere to put it, but I couldn’t resist buying some gorgonzola filled green olives, some mettwurst and some breadsticks… We didn’t even get to the Asian part, but I couldn’t do that to Merv and the kids! We had a Greek lunch, and then went to the Mall for some more shopping.

Her Majesty's Theatre
We went home at a reasonable time, as we had plans for that night: we were going out to dinner for our anniversary (yes, we still celebrate every month if we can), and had a babysitter arranged for the kids.

Dinner was at The Greedy Goose, which is the restaurant that won “My Restaurant Rules”, an Australian TV show. The babysitter arrived on time, and even though she seemed a bit strange we left the kids with confidence. We took a taxi to the restaurant where we arrived a bit early. Merv couldn’t resist taking pictures, but at least he didn’t ask for pictures of the chef or anything! Even though we were a bit disappointed that Justine (one of the owners) wasn’t there (due to being about six months pregnant she only works lunches), the rest was just amazing. The service was wonderful, as was the advice they gave, and the food was out of this world. We both had one of their signature dishes for starters, a lasagne recipe that is a few centuries old. Then Merv had beef, and I had duck for mains. The desert was a Toblerone “ravioli” with some other stuff, and I had a cheese plate. We tried to find somewhere else to have coffee but unfortunately there was nothing open anymore so we ended up going back to the cabin. Apparently the babysitter had had a few problems getting Reagan to sleep, and as soon as we got back she got out of bed again…

Her Majestys Theatre
Toys R Us
Toys 'R Us
Tram
Tram
Central market: dont miss it!
Central market: don't miss it!
Wonderful name for a sausage!
Wonderful name for a sausage!
Nice name for a chees shop