Ho Chi Minh City Travel Blog

Last dinner with newfound Travbuddy friend Tracy. I just had to have our picture together!

From knowing at least one person in a country to complete anonymity. From staying at a friend's place to a hostel. From touring on foot to taking day tours with wonderful strangers from various nations. Most of my friends thought I was seriously odd to do this but I did it anyway.

Sad to not have seen at least one Filipino backpacker but amused with the fact that most people still view the Philippines as one big island, with a question on how well the inhabitants speak English.

To be immersed in this world of different languages, cultures, and physiques was such bliss.
I feel I've gained at least 5 years from this trip, having broken down most of my misconceptions about various nationalities and having overcome my initial hesitation in dealing with stangers in a foreign land.

I actually started to look forward to the language barrier between the natives and tourists, as long as we understood each other through non verbals.

I really admire how Europeans would travel, so confident and adventurous! I wish more Filipinos would try out this scene. Maybe someday.

I love backpacking!

andiboi says:
see you gained 5 years ate, nyahaha!
seriously, i wished I read this blog before my trip; Irah (ice9van) did, but I was also thankful that I barely knew Saigon when I went there :-) sayang nag-kita sana tayo dun hehe.
happy travels!
Posted on: Jul 17, 2008
Isabetlog says:
I thoroughly enjoyed your blog, looking forward to more of your backpacking adventures! :)
Posted on: Jun 23, 2008
ice9van says:
Thanks for your blog; learned a lot. I'll be going there on July 1. :)
Posted on: Jun 12, 2008
Last dinner with newfound Travbudd…
Last dinner with newfound Travbud…
One of the busy streets of Saigon