buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Pasay City Travel Blog

Parts of the Busride from Oroquieta to Dipolog, Philippines.

5.00 am buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz......alarm clock goes off....damn it feels like we just went to bed an hour ago. Where did all that sleep go? Hmmm....maybe it left through the gap under the door to the hotel room and crawled out on the sea right besides the hotel front gate.....I don't know, I don't have a clue - but it feels that way.

Well thank God we packed allready - just needed to shower and get dressed...and so we did.

First stop was the Barangay to say good bye to Hernie's familly, and then take all our blongings back to the bus stop, and this time it was the 3 of us as Hernie's cousin who was on her first flight ever was going with us. This time we got on the airconditioned express bus for Dipolog so about 2,5 hours later we sat our feet on Dipolog soil.

Overview of Pasay.
Hernie needed to buy Sardines for his friends and work mates in Manila (and hehe I got a glass two that I can't wait to get home to taste) and then we boarded a peddicab and sat course for the airport.

Had a nice lunch at the Airport cafeteria...sat outside in the shadow for an hour I think and relaxed abit and with two hours to go we proceeded to check in. The line was long and the airport filled with people - but the staff worked efficiently so we were soon inside the most dull and uninteresting departure hall I've ever seen...and then it happend - through the loudspeakers it suddently sounded: "Cebu Pacific Flight 5J704 bound for Manila is aprox. one hour delayed" - I could have killed that woman had she been right beside me.

Me at the Atrium Hotel's balcony.
Not onley did I start to feel tirred now after the early wake up, the bus ride and waiting in a departure hall that is practically nothing but a white box, and looking forward to another hour was not exactly makeing me less tirred.

Well....as allways we did get in the air....just at another time then we planed, and by all means we also landed in Manila. Got into a taxi, droped off Hernies cousin and then proceeded to hotel Atrium in Pasay City. Our first meeting with the front desk staff was not exactly pleasent. I know we had been travelling for about 10 hours, we were tirred, and we probably looked like shit, but that does not justify the staff to look like we were really not welcome in the most arrogant manner.

Then came the next step of check in "I'm gonna need a security deposit!" and I just throw my Visa card over the desk, as he replied " ohhh yeah or better yet a credit card" (implying that he had not expected me to have one) "but I'm gonna need to authoriza at least 5000 Php" and I just looked at him like.

Nighttime Pasay City.
..."why havent you done it yet then"....I was so angry with his attitude. I am sure that had we come in wearing a 5000 Euro suit then he had been Mr. nice.

We went up to the room which was huge - around 52 m2 which is acctually a lot for a hotel room, and it eased my temper, allthough for about 30 minutes I really considered calling the Mariott just to see if they had an available room. But then I thought okay..let's just stay here and have the freedom for more fun outside the hotel...

Parts of the Busride from Oroquie…
Overview of Pasay.
Me at the Atrium Hotels balcony.
Me at the Atrium Hotel's balcony.