Mactan Shrine!

Cebu City Travel Blog

Okay yesterday I talked about beauty regarding the Taoist Temple - but I have to admit that today going to the Mactan Shrine I was a bit blown away again, with the whole setup the beach and the clear blue water. I had expected something along the line of the Manila version of the Lapu Lapu monument on a dull square in the center of Mactan City. But no...this was acctually a very beautyfull seaside park and the monument itself very diffrent.

We stayed there for a bit more then an hour and then headed back home - to have lunch at the Ayala Center, before we had a business presentation at 4pm to take care of.

So tomorrow is time for Mindanao.

mga_galang_paa says:
Quite a contrast then...have fun and be safe!
Posted on: May 11, 2008
cax says:
hehe I love Cebu. Acctually being a foreigner I think Cebu is the most comfortable place to be. Acctually I had this discussion yesterday first with a filippino business connection and later with my filippino boyfriend...it's like this - Mindanano is like heaven on earth, and if you know people there or has a relative who can introduce you then they are the most warm and openminded people ever...but if you as a white guy stroll around town and try to talk to store owners etc. then they tend to get very scared of the alien white guy, Manila is like a circus, where ever you go as a white guy it's like everyone is thinking "here's money to be made" - but Cebu is much more relaxed and cool about everything...whatever the reason is...
Posted on: May 11, 2008
mga_galang_paa says:
How's cebu City? I've never been to Southern Philippines yet.
Posted on: May 08, 2008