Last day in south East Asia!

Bangkok Travel Blog

Seahorse, Siam Ocean World

I allways hate going home. This time even more then any, because just 3 hours flight from where I am now - I have a fiance waiting for the result of the swedish embassy on wheater he will come stay with me or not. But on the other hand I'm also a little relifed that I'm going home this time, because the last week in first Hong Kong and then Bangkok I've felt very very lonely - it's really amazeing that you can be sorounded by 10.000 people everyday and feel like the loneliest person alive. But I did this time. Especially because everytime I've been somewhere nice I'm thinking - This i should share with Hernie.....

But when I get home at least I can burry my self in work untill he comes.

Siam Ocean World

But to wrap the entire trip up - I have to say that it's been the time of my life. I've really enjoyed myself this time and the visit in Mindanao will allways be one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had - I hope not the last, because hopefully we're going there together many times in the future - and for once I'm going home feeling full, full of impressions new places and when I started this day I really felt - no more sightseeing, just walking around in a relaxed pace looking at buildings and shops.

But with me on a travel things never happen quite the way I plan...when I arrived at Siam Paragon I just had to see the basement when I noticed the sign "Siam Ocean World". It happend to be what they call south east asia's biggest aquarium and I decided to go inside.

Clownfish, Siam Ocean World
It was a huge experience, large stingrays, sharks, groupers, jellyfish and all other creatures from around the worlds seas.

think I spend about two hours in there, which makes the entrance fee worth it.....but it is an expensive attraction compared to what theese things cost in Thailand.

It was impressive and a real experience. Very diffrent from the experience I had in Ocean Park, Hong Kong - and the two places are diffrcult to compare because they are so diffrent in concept but I would not have been without either of them.

This was to be my last attraction in Bangkok - I wanted to go to Khaosan Road, and went for a taxi outside the Siam Paragon and was told that there was no reason to drive as I could easily reach it by foot.....I didnt find it though - but had a nice time walking around the Siam area looking at buildings, shops and having a few coffees.

And as the night fell upon Bangkok it began to be time to go to the airport - SAS flight SK 972 from Bangkok to Copenhagen awaited me for departure at 0.25.

shark, Siam Ocean World