Fiesta!

Oroquieta Travel Blog

So time for the day we had all been waiting for. Today is fiesta day in Hernie's parents barangay.

Hernie left early to help with the preparations at home, while he thought I should stay back and relax and would then pick me up later on.

I did however wake up early enough to take a walk around town just to look around and test the shops. Wasn't much of a success though since when I tried to ask shopkeepers about their goods they allmost apeared frightend either of my english or my uncommon skin colour... so I did not get anything but it was fun however and Oroquieta is a nice city to walk around in.

In a way quite lucky that I didnt have much shoping success since I tried to make a withdrawal in the Landbank ATM and it rejected both my cards and The PCI Equitable ATM that worked a few days earlier was closed due to restuaration work at the bank.

Then around 10.30 I was back at the hotel, took a shower  changed clothes and went to the barangay with Hernie when he returned about an hour later. So we arrived with the house full of people and lots of food (as allways hehe) - dureing this stay I've really felt that I've had more food then anyone could ever overcome. Everywhere we went we were offered food, and since this was fiesta day it was no diffrent. But wonderfull and delicious as allways.

We spend some time with the familly and then returned to the hotel for a swim in the pool. Was nice to get the body wet again and move around a bit and we also had a really good talk about the future while we were down there in the water.

Dureing the evening we went back to the house for dinner, and intended to stay there most of the evening. We had a really really nice evening there - allthough unfrtunately we had to leave a bit earlier then anticipated because of a security problem that I am not going to get further into here since it involves other people then me.

So the plans was changed to a few beers and live music at the hotel and then a good nights sleep before tomorrows trip back to Manila via Dipolog.

I've really had the time of my life here - and i there's one thing that I'm really looking forward to then it is definately to return back here again. Everyone has been really wonderfull and the places are among the most beautyfull in the world.

Oroquieta