Dapitan - Dipolog - Dapitan

Dapitan City Travel Blog

Rizal Park, Dapitan.
Today was scheduled for Dipolog and imidiately after leaveing our clothes at the local laundry place we went onboard the minivan to Dipolog. I was acctually very interested abut this trip because even though reading lots of stuff about Dipolog before my departure I was still unable to acctually picture how big and modern this city really is.

After arrival in Dipolog we met up with one of Hernie's old school friends who went with us around town. First we had to stop at a government office to pick up his drivers license. Boy was I shocked when I learned how easy it is to get a drivers license in this country.....thinking abut how badly people drive back home inspite of going through 1,5 months of training and two examinations.
Me at Rizal Park, Dapitan.
...and here you well....fill out a piece of paper, pay the fee...and you have a drivers license. SHIT!

Well next stop Hernie's grandmother. This was acctually the first time I was like sitting in a private home in the Philippines and that was deifnately an experience. Not onley because of the limited amount of english available  from his grandmothers side  but also because of my limited  bisayan  - and in my case at this point all that was in my vocabulary at this point was salamat.... but at little translation here and there and some signlanguage did however make it possible to have some sort of dialoque, and for the rest of the time I started developing a technique of listnening very carefully to the words said, and put things together from the few words of spanish origin (I understand some spanish but do not speak it) and the few english words that comes in here and there.
Rizal's house, Rizal Park, Dapitan.
This way I was acctually able to put some sentences togther to some sort of "at least I know which subject they are discussing" level. Very funny first encounter in a private Pinoy home :)

Well lunch...was set for Big Joe's burger....a Dipolog Classic according to the boys and I have to admit they are right...beef, egg and pinaple just makes the perfect burger.

Next project was buying a new SD card for my camera. I've allready used 4 GB and needed another 2 GB card. The price.....1995????????????? Buuut in Cebu they wanted 1600......fuck.....Hernie warned me it would be more expensive down here, but come on....well fuck that no reason to discuss it - I need the card so I bought it.

After that we had a walk at the Dapitan baywalk which is far from complete.
View from Rizal Park, Dapitan.
....but definately has potential. Went to the supermarket to buy some stuff we needed to bring for his familly and then back with the minivan to our hotel in Dapitan.

The afternoon was spend with Felix and Jude from yesterday...in Rizal Park. Unfortunately it was allready geting dark when we arrived so we did not see as much as I had hoped....but hey, better luck next time eh? :)

Picked up the laundry on the way home and finished the evening with a late pool party at the hotel with Ronell, Jude and Franklin. Was very funny and very entertaining, and allthough they are his friends, I have to say I allready miss their company and high spirit.

Well more adventures to follow tomorrow as we more towards Oroquieta.
Me at Rizal Park, Dapitan.
Rizals house, Rizal Park, Dapitan.
Rizal's house, Rizal Park, Dapitan.
View from Rizal Park, Dapitan.
View from Rizal Park,Dapitan.
View from Rizal Park,Dapitan.
View from Rizal Park, Dapitan
View from Rizal Park, Dapitan
Rizal Park, Dapitan.
Poolparty, Dapitan City Resort Hot…
Poolparty, Dapitan City Resort Ho…
Hey guys - dont let me drown in t…
Hey guys - don't let me drown in …
I just so much love this picture.
I just so much love this picture.