Arrival in Mindanao

Dapitan City Travel Blog

Dapitan City Resort Hotel.

Fuck...it's 3.30 am and we have to get up now. The hotel is bringing us breakfasdt in 30 min. and in one hour we need to be out of here because we have to check in at the ferry one hour before departure. The bad thing is that I fell asleep 15 min. before the alarm clock went off. Hmmm....fuck that I can sleep on the boat. I dont mind really.

So out for a shower and then cook some water for instant coffee....and if timing is perfect.....knock knock...wow it was here comes breakfast. Okay I'm impressed, they promissed us a club sandwich for breakfast (since we could not make the buffet due to our early check out) but this was like five sandwiches each....okay I think we allmost got lunch covered....and acctually I was the onley one who eate all...One point again for Mariott!

So checking out, got in a taxi and arrived at the ferry terminal aprox.

Dapitan Beach.
5am. Got our bags checked in and now all that was left was to wait for the time to be 6am.

I did not sleep dureing  the five hour boat ride to Dapitan I was way to bussy looking at the soroundings and the many islands we passed along the way. I admit the windows on Ocean Jet is not to clear but still clear enough to see things and I guess couriosity killed my desire to sleep :)

Well arrived in Dapitan the circus act of geting our belongings back started, and belive me this is even a greater circus act then at the airports. It's one big caos - and ofcourse Hernie's Balikbayan Box was the last one to get off ship....so it did take a while and a lot of patience.

Dapitan Beach.

Anyway...everything ends even the circus and for all good things we got out of the harbour area again and was picked up by Hernie's friend Felix who'd promised to drive us to Dapitan City Resort where we had booked the next 2 nights. Hernie used to study here so he knows a lot of people in the area....which I was soon to learn :)

As a thank you for driveing us we invited Felix for lunch which happend to be the first meeting with really traditional Philippine foods and an interesting start.

After a rest we were to meet 3 of Hernies other friends Jude, Franklin and Ronell later this evening. We started out talking in the lobby and has a lot of fun...these guys a really cool, and very enjoyable company, and then later when we got hungry the vote was casted for a barbeque place. So there I was ten minutes later, picking meet from a street vendor who grilled the food on the spot, by the way with dogs and cats runing around our legs all the time hopeing they'd be able to pick up leftovers that had fallen on the street.

For me this was an all new way of dinning, and very interesting - interesting because had this been back in Sweden the place would have been closed down imidiately due to hygiene issues, but then again the food was super super good and I would do this again any day of the week. Nothing beats freshly barbequed meet with coconut steamed rice like this one!

mga_galang_paa says:
Ha ha ha...Funny, but I know it's true! Happy travel!
Posted on: May 12, 2008
Dapitan City Hotels & Accommodations review
One of the most beautyfull hotel views in my life!
This is a tourist class hotel, but even among the five star hotels I've been staying at has onley a very few been able to amaze me like this hotel has… read entire review