The Pope was not home!

Vatican City Travel Blog

Jennifer and I at St. Peter's Basilica

Oh well,

That is what made it less crowded most likely.   Wow, the church is so massive!   It was almost overwhelming to take in the beauty of everything inside and out.  I was really in awe of the peace I felt here.

We had spent a good hour inside St. Peter's Basilica, looking at all the details.   It was crowded, but not overly.   We had talked about how quiet it was in there even with thousands of people inside.  I know it is out of respect, but still hard to believe the stillness.

The Vatican Museum was amazing!   I love the details in everything.  Even with all our technology, they cannot reproduce the beauty of the walls and ceilings in there.   The Sistine Chapel is truly a sight to see!   Oh how I wish I could have taken photos in there!  We rushed through in probably 2-3 hours but you could easily spend days in there and not see it all.

vulindlela says:
I agree!
Amazing place.
Posted on: May 01, 2014
WalterC says:
Even as a teenager, I was wowed by the Sistine Chapel. It was truly something to see it in person.
Posted on: May 01, 2014
jenn79 says:
We are super that's why! =) I can't believe we did both as well and then headed to Trevi and Spanish steps! That was really quite a time Jeremy, thanks for sharing it with me!! =)
Posted on: Apr 24, 2008
Jennifer and I at St. Peters Basi…
Jennifer and I at St. Peter's Bas…
St. Peters Square