Paris with Parents

Paris Travel Blog

My third trip to Paris, and this time I went with parents in tow. It was hard work, but fun showing them around my by now well-documented touring route through the city. Mental note: double travel times whenever parents are involved!

The Louvre was as amazing as ever, the interior of the building is so beautiful, the paintings on the ceilings and the decorative scrollwork and ornamental corridors. I still love wandering around there, and despite 3 visits in the last 2 years I still haven't seen all of it! Probably because in my old age, I'm starting to get manic crowd rage and need to remove myself before I wind up yelling at some annoyingly slow-moving person.

My mother, who had been to Paris 15 years before and hadn't had a favourable impression then, really liked it this time round.
Maybe because whilst sipping tea on the Champs Elysees, we got a fleeting glimpse of Bill Clinton power walking by surrounded by 5 bulky bodyguards and an entourage of screaming women. At first, I heard the screams and thought somebody was dieing! But I must say, the man can walk FAST - impressive.

No matter how many times I go there, Paris never fails to impress. I can really feel the difference in atmosphere from London to there, how the pace of the city, though busy, still has a far more relaxed, less tense atmosphere than the bustle of London. It's just so pleasant to wander around in Paris, the twisting little streets overshadowed by cute little balconied apartments, lots of little delicious bakeries dotted around and the romantic Seine River, which is still as magical strolling besides with your parents, your friends or your lover!
photo by: Sweetski