Paris in Autumn

Paris Travel Blog

I didn't expect Paris to be so beautiful. I mean, I'd heard about it, and people said it all the time, but the reality still surprised me (I know, I was totally forewarned!). I highly recommend just walking from Notre Dame along the River Seine to the Arc de Triomph, it's a really picturesque and easy walk and one can never get bored of seeing the riverside scenery. The Louvre is amazing, but any more than 3 hours there tends to just overwhelm you because of the sheer number of jostling tourists and the number of famous sights you see.

Whilst in Paris, you must try Raclette - it's melted cheese poured on, well, stuff. A variety of stuff. SO delicious! The Sacre L'Coeur in the north is pretty easy to get to via the metro, and well worth the views out over Paris. Sometimes in the Place de la Concorde, there is a big ferris wheel, definitely take a ride if it's there as you get the most fantastic views in every direction over Paris.

The Tuilleries are really pretty to walk in as well. Take the time to wander around them after the Louvre, it's like a breath of fresh air (literally). For shopping head out to Les Halles. If you have time, take a walk around Pere Lachais cemetary as well, the graves of the unknown people are just as beautiful (if not more so) than those of the famous people buried there.

mga_galang_paa says:
Nice blog. You must have gone to Champs Elysees Boulevard as well.
Posted on: Apr 20, 2008