The liberty bell...

Philadelphia Travel Blog

...located in philadelphia was the source of much delight for my american family to introduce me to.

As an englishman of course it was the bell that symbolised America's independance of us! ah well, you win some you lose some! :-)

Sadly my aunt Nora died yesterday but as I said in my first blog there was only a sense of celebration of her life and no real sadness or mourning.
And so today was fun - me, dad, cousins linda, mike and daryl, unc ron and bill and aunt joyce and bet all went out for the day. I was youngest at 31 and Unc Bill was oldest at 85. As you can imagine there were lots of stories from the old guys and lots of pics of the 3 brothers.

We checked out Philly, some more rundown neighbourhoods (that reminded me of that Bruce Springsteen song) and we went and checked out the american football stadium which was cool.

Tonight we relaxed at home, Daryl's kids Brit and Nic where about and another cousin Ray and his daughter came over too. I've met so much family on this trip it's been incredible. I've met even more on myspace and facebook as word's spread about

am really knackered now and gonna enjoy some kip. Big trip home tomorrow!

photo by: Ann_Hells