Short update

London Travel Blog

Haven't been up to much, just working this past week.  I've got one more here at my temp reception job, and then we'll see what happens after that.  Unless David starts working days someplace and thus we get on the same type of schedule, I'm going to go back to Esprit full on.  Though, who knows if that will work out because between the next two weeks they've so far only given David 2 shifts.  Oh well...  I'm sure it'll work out in the end.  In fact, they called him yesterday evening to bring him in for today, so I'm sure it will be alright and we'll be able to get enough hours.

I got my first substantial paycheck from the temp job today which was pretty nice.  I don't have to pay taxes! :D  And its in ££! :D  So no sucky conversion rate! :D

Met up with my friend, Rich, from camp on Wednesday.  He came down from York to get his visa to work in the US this summer.  He's supposed to leave on the 30th, but through some bad paperwork he couldn't get the visa and therefore might be completely screwed and have to start two weeks later at the camp he's going to.  Gutted! (that's what they exclaim here when something awful happens)  So we had a few pints so he could lament over it and I also had my first bangers and mash (basically, sausages and mashed potato)!  My first real english pub food (other than the pseudo-gourmet stuff we had earlier with Simon and Weslie)!

Yesterday David and I were checking out different day trips around here, and found a pretty good deal to go to Lille, France tomorrow.  £59pp for return tickets on the Eurostar to spend the day there.  Takes about 80 minutes to get there and we'll be there for about 8 or 9 hours.  Pretty sweet deal, being as Eurostar tickets at such a last minute on the weekend would usually be much, much more expensive if we bought direct and not through the tour company.  So it was sort of a whim, as Lille was never a place we thought of going, but apprently its very nice and cosmo with a pretty cool zoo and art museum.  I'll let you know how it is.

**Oh, I added a bunch of pictures to the Stonehenge/Bath, BUNAC pub meet, and National Gallery entries.  Enjoy!**

mountainlover says:
My goodness I can't keep up with you just in reading what you are up to ! love the photos ,and I accused david of having someone pretend to be him lol...His aunt Linda thinks he looks sooo much like his Dad now. anyway, enjoy and keeping on blogging. Gram
Posted on: Jun 21, 2008