Science Rules!

London Travel Blog

I think that was shouted in the theme song for Bill Nye the Science Guy.  That was a great show.  They really need to put it back on the air because I hate science but I love Bill Nye.

Anyway, I worked Monday but Tuesday David and I had the day to ourselves.  We decided to go to the Science Museum!!!  This place is probably the most fun I've ever had in a museum.  Lots and lots of interesting displays and hands on type things.  I landed a Mars probe (after crashing several of them)!!  There's a whole room of old household gadgets that were pretty fun as well; they even had Pong, but unfortunately it wasn't working (of course!).  All and all, an amazing experience!

On another vein, let me clue you in on some thing that happened to me the other day and will tell you just how Londoners act.  Somehow I smudged some sort of black stuff on my chin and underneathe my eye on the way home from work on Monday.  I must have done it right before I got on the tube (my journey home was a tube and a bus ride).  On the tube, I remember this one man sitting beside me turned to directly stare me in the face, and once I realized what was wrong when I got home now I know why!  Anyway, I must have encountered 100 people at least on my way home and not one had the decency to whisper, "Hey, there's some soot on your face."  Grrr!  Londoners can be so stand-offish and introverted.  Even if someone gets hit by a door on the train or drops something without realizing, most Londoners will ignore it.  I'm always there with an "Are you okay?!" or to pick up said dropped item.  I understand people are worried about strangers here, but really London is a much safer city than Orlando or New York, and yet people there are still friendly enough to help eachother out.  Oh well...

20 days until I come home!  I'm looking foreward to it at the moment.  Not because I'm not enjoying London, and I'll probably forget about home while I'm in Prague or Dublin, but I can just see the days ticking by and I'm excited to see my friends and family.  Plus, Taco Bell!  Seems that everyone counting down the days until they arrive home is merely waiting to go to Taco Bell, haha.  Its on just about everyones "First Things To Do When I Get Back to the US" List.

mountainlover says:
I just printed out all the latest and will read it while watching the races today. I sure am going to miss all the blogs...and, sorry I won't get to see you before you move. boo hoo !
Those updates on the pubs were fun lol...oh, and I did get educated on a whole lot of stuff ! gram
Posted on: Aug 10, 2008
London Sights & Attractions review
Fun fun fun!
This is a truly great attraction for all ages! Tons of fun exhibits and lots of hands on stuff. There's a whole section devoted to interactive exhib… read entire review
photo by: ulysses