Last day!

Prague Travel Blog

Well, we had to say goodbye to beautiful Prague today.  Probably my most recommended travel destination in Europe so far (not that I've been many but hey, I'm still allowed a favorite).

We went for one last breakfast/lunch at our favorite Tex Mex place and then decided to hit the pavement again.

First we visited the Alfons Mucha Museum.  I didn't know who he was but Weslie had been saying she wanted to go the entire time we've been in Prague so why not?  Plus it was only 60kc so I could spare it.  It ended up being a lovely museum just for the art's sake.  Mucha was a designer and did a lot of ads and posters in the 'art nouveau' style.  A lot of great stuff.  I'm probably going to pick up a few prints off ebay when I get home.

Then we all split up as Weslie and Simon wanted to get cheap massages and David and I decided to skip that (though at this point I really need one!).  It was a nice day so David and I wanted to revisit Prague Castle and see the view again.  Its a long hike up there but we made it.  We also found a little market which was nice because I still needed souveniers.  The view is spectacular!

We went even further up the hill to the monastary and walked through a little park, at which time we met a dog who was really friendly and really lost.  There had been a dog at one of the cemeteries we had visited that I hadn't been able to help because he'd run away so I was really keen on helping this one.  We found another lady walking her dog who spoke Czech and called the phone numbers on the dog's tags, all of which were outdated (lot of help that is!).  Finally we decided to take the dog in the direction of a lady we'd seen yelling about 15 minutes ago and low and behold we ran into her and the dog was found! :D  YEY!

Then it was back down the hill and to the apartment to have one last cheap pilsner before we had to go to the airport.  We cut it very close but our cab driver understood drinking cheap beer is really important here!  lol!

All and all a great trip and a wonderful experience!

When we arrived back at Simon's apartment it was nearly 1am and David and I had to be up and out the door by 9 to get to the airport and head to Dublin.  :x  It was a bit whirlwind but at least we were getting some sleep!
photo by: vulindlela