Back in London

London Travel Blog

We used all of Tuesday to sleep off the after-effects of Paris.  :D

Wednesday was another tourist in London day, because neither of us really had to work at all this week.  David got a shift for Thursday night and I have stuff on Friday and Monday, but other than that I don't think we'll be working much more.  Its hard to come by and right now we're doing alright anyway.

So we took the time to head up to the Tate Britain, a museum devoted to British artists.  As you might remember, we've already visited the Tate Modern, but this was a more classical museum.  Lots of great stuff in there, some things that were pretty impressive to David the art-buff.  I thought it was a nice museum, and there was a really interesting presentation that's been making the papers here.  Basically, these people sprint across the gallery every 30 seconds.  When I first heard about it I was thinking that it was ridiculous, but after seeing it it kind of made sense.  The different ways that the runners moved and used their bodies was very interesting.  It was still ridiculous, but I see where its making its point.  :D

After that we were both starving as we'd barely eaten anything the past two days.  I jus hadn't been hungry.  But then it came on all of a sudden and we NEEDED food.  Lol.  And guess what!?  Two months in and I finally had my first meal of fish & chips!  I even had some mushy peas with it as well!!  Now, if you know me, you'll know I'm not a big proponent of battered and fried things, but I had to.  I mean, who goes to London and avoids fish & chips?  The meal was pretty good overall though, and I'm excited to scratch that off my list.  Now just afternoon tea with scones and clotted cream and I've done it!
London