Getting ready... one month to go!

Orlando Travel Blog

So I'm starting this blog now, but I won't expect to update much until I actually get to London.  Oh wow... I'm moving to London for the summer!!

My boyfriend, David, and I are going to live in London, working and hopefully doing a bit of sight seeing.  We've gotten our blue cards through BUNAC, a student working-holiday organization, and bought our plane tickets.  Months of "should we do this?" "yeah, lets do this!" "no, get can't, how can we do this?" are finally over because we are totally doing this!

Last summer I moved to CA near Monterrey to work at a summer camp.  It was really hard not having David there with me for 9 weeks.  It was a beautiful place but what is a beautiful place unless you have someone to share it with?  This time we'll be able to experience it together!  I'm so excited!

We bought our plane tickets last night with a great deal from Delta.  I used to find it and I recommend the site highly; if you register you can search for the best flight dates in a +/-3 day range.  AH!  This is really happening!!

Next on the list of things to do is get a place to stay when we get there.  I've been searching hoping to find a really nice person with a spare couch for us to sleep on.  Hasn't worked out that great as its apparently a really busy season for it.  :(  Caused a lot of stress, but we've pretty much agreed to stay at Palmer's Lodge in Swiss Cottage.  Website and reviews makes it seem really cute and pretty affordable, plus they have mixed dorms with double beds so David and I can stay together.  That's what I was most worried about, finding some place where we could stay together and not spend $150+ a night.  We'll see...  Hopefully we can find a more permanent flat-share situation once we get there.

Not quite sure where I'll be working yet.  I'll find out for sure when I get there.  David originally wanted to do freelance design work, but now he's said that he'll do whatever it takes.   Maybe he can be a bus-boy at the restaurant where I'll work?  That would be sweet though I know he would hate it.  But whatever it takes...

Well, wish us luck!  I'll update if there is anything interesting happening... if not, see you in London on May 20!!!
mountainlover says:
Love the last blog....that salesperson might just get a punch someday ! and not the kind you drink... I'm sure you took care of her with our own native tongue scathings. haha.
We just settled in from our trip home ..2,000 miles of mountain travels. yikes ! yes we did do it. love, David,s gram
Posted on: May 29, 2008
mountainlover says:
I read all that you have endured so far...hope you both can begin enjoying your stay now. Actually it's a real experience and I envy you that . Be positive and you'll have a great time of it all.
later, David's gram