Bohol birthday getaway 2007

Bohol Travel Blog

FEB 2007 :The ever famous Piso fare of Cebu pacific was back - I called my friends asking them if they want to go somewhere. Upon some arguments we all decided to book a flight to Bohol. I've been raving about the place for sometime now. We decided then to book our flight for October since its my friend's bday  as well as mine.

Oct 2007 : Off to Bohol! We got to get this tour package courtesy of a friend from College which includes accomodation, food, land tours and island tours. We got to make a new friend - the tour guide/house owner who happens to be a College batchmate of ours.

Bohol is beautiful! I can't get enough of this place.

Stuff we did in Bohol

Land tour: Went to the blood compact site, Tagbilaran Church, Hanging Bridge with Shopping at the end, Loboc River cruise (with a very entertaining singing waiter), Tarsier (smallest Monkey) and a long walk up to see the full view of the Chocolate hills.

We capped the land tour by having dinner at the Bohol Bee farm. Great food!!! The served our food with salad with matching FLOWER (real flower, like Malaysian mums)

Water tour: Dolphin watching. It took 2 hours to see some dolphins since we kinda left the house a bit late as planned. It was well worth it though since dolphins stared jumping in front of our boat for a good 30 minutes. Then we went to BALICASAG! This is a must see in bohol. colorful corals, numerous species of fish, pawikan (huge turtle). Its considered as one of the best dive sites in the Philippines. Sadly none of us were certified divers thus we only went snorkling around the island  but it was still a great experience!!! :)

All in all it was one of the best birthday celebrations I ever had! Great vacation with wonderful friends!

photo by: ted332