to Donsol & beyond...

Cubao Travel Blog

Cagsawa Bus Royal Elite
I decided this year I will go. Everyone I know is either going or have been there previous year(s) and all had one thing to say--awesome! So when an organized trip was posted at cs-manila forum, I told Zara we should go, and she was never really hard to convince.

The whole trip costs Php_8,850.  It includes 2 way bus, overnight stay at Amor, all meals, the whaleshark encounter, firefly watching, and 3 dives at Manta Bowl.  For non-divers, the package is at Php_5,150.  After I checked the accounting of Deats & Nina who went a couple of weeks earlier, I decided it's a very fair deal considering everything is being taken care of.

Due to the declared holiday that weekend, the party grew significantly and so we were divided into 2 groups leaving at 2 different bus terminals.  I arrived at Cubao terminal with little time to spare due to mishaps with my atm that I was not even able to buy food for the long trip. :(

Zara, Rebi (who confirmed the last minute), and I met up outside and went searching for Beth and the rest of the group.  The group consists of Kat, Denise, Carola, & Sven who will later became our good friends and would meet up regularly in Manila.  Riva is the only one missing because she went to the wrong station. He he.  She will board the bus at Ermita and join us at the stopover.

The Casagwa Royal Elite bus looks great. It was spacious with only 3 people in a row and looks very promising for a long 11 hours ride.  I've been on a long haul flight and an overnight coach, but not yet on a bumpy bus ride for this long.  But I came with a book, pillow, and mineral water, which I should not drink too much from as the bus has no loo and we were told that the 1st stopover will be a while.  Finally, we the bus leaves impressively prompt. We started cruising out of Edsa and it was a bit weird because lights were turned off and people were preparing to snooze, at 18:30.

Cubao