A day to myself

Roatan Travel Blog

Like father like son!

So everyone else decided to fish, I decided it wasn't worth the money to me since really every time they've all gone out they have come back with one fish total (not my idea of fun). So I got up and went to breakfast at Rudy's for banana pancakes which were awesome. From there I went to the butterfly park, and got a guided tour, the butterflies aren't as plentiful as one would imagine but apparently that is due to the replacement of the tent structure they live in and lizards getting in. The also have toucans which were very cool, just watch out for your toes and many other birds. I bought some souvenirs while out and about and went by Captain Van's to get my Scooter fixed since I hadn't rode it for 3 days the battery was dead and Mike had driven his through the ocean and his was dead as well. I met Caesar the mechanic there and he was great. He came back to Luna to get them fixed and took care of it in no time. Great guy, just as friendly as every other islander and so easy to hold a conversation with.

Happy man on a boat!
I love that most everyone there is bi-lingual.

When everyone got home from fishing we decided to go to West Bay Beach and do some snorkeling since the weather was finally agreeing with us. The beach was somewhat crowded so we headed a bit further down and found plenty of chairs plus and amazing snorkel spot. Since I'd never been before I was blown away and saw tons of fish and even some squid, very cool.

After that the fishing boat captain agreed to take the guys back out for a bit of dusk fishing since they hadn't had much luck, I went along for the ride and they caught 3 larger grouper (I'll take credit for there good luck).

Mike, Eric and I had dinner at Eagle Rays, very good the boys had King Crab which made an absolute mess and I had some yummy shrimp the only down fall was I lost my diamond earring through the slats on the deck.

Happy man on a boat!
Youd think he was bringing in a m…
You'd think he was bringing in a …
Roatan