Sunset Waya and Octopus

Waya Travel Blog

Waya/Sunset: Much more like the Fiji we were hoping for; we arrived to singing and dancing and shortly after setting down our bags we were involved in some volleyball. After dinner we were treated to a show of knife and fire dancing, altough I'm sure one hadn't been doing it for long as he nearly lost his toes a few times. Plus he managed to set his shorts alight several times. More sun-bathing followed the next day while Em lay in bed ill. The next day I went snorkelling with Reef Sharks. The 'bures' where we were staying are just little wooden shacks with thatched rooves, prime real estate for creepy-crawlies...Needless to say, I found a great big spider, hiding nicely on top of Em's rucksack the day we were leaving resulting in loud screams from Em and her wanting to be carried out of the bure.

And some people wonder why she is called princess...

Waya/Octopus: This was our day of luxury, heading north on the yellow boat for 15 minutes before arriving on what what the closest we came to paradise. The food was fantastic, the service great and there was amazing snorkelling out on the reef too, right in front of the resort and the 'bures' were more like hotel suites, each with it's own bathroom and open-air shower! We'd met up with some of the crowd from our first island, and had a great night.

Saturay night was games night and after the feast our team easily won the drinking competition for which we won some cheap champagne. Em and I continued our winning streak with some fine teamplay in the Fijian national sport of 'make-the-balloon-touch-the-same-body-part-on-each-person-without-using-your-hands' game. Naturals. Sadly we didn't fare so well at a game I last remember playing at the age of 10, at my uncle's new year's eve party called 'move-the-piece-of-rope-through-everyone's-clothing-and-back-again'.

photo by: kiwiasli