Settling in

Brisbane Travel Blog

Happy Birthday Mark!!
Greg- quite your whining!! Im struggling here too- My MN pasty whiteness wont go away! And I have had to deal with +/-80 degrees everyday. The sun is hot.
As for my snow-less week, things have been going good. I got an email on Friday night from mom #2 saying she thought I was overwhelmed and that they would make the decision easier on me and find someone else.  I emailed back and said I was was just observing and am shy at first anyway.  Things are good though.  Toni was happy of course that Im staying and Shane is still on holidays this week so I have him around to ask if I have any questions. Being a typical male he is never really that sure but makes a more educated guess than me (considering they are his kids).
I am definately enjoying my 2.5 day weekends, never sure what to do with myself though since I dont have to be anywhere to work.  I will probably look into some casual work for friday arvos though for some extra cash.
Friday afternoon I just went up to the shops to get an icedcoffee and read, outside, to enjoy the weather.  Saturday I took the bus to the Indooroopilly (in-door-pilly. not sure where the extra oo's fit in) shopping centre. Supposedly the biggest in the southern hemisphere. It was 3 levels but unless I was missing something it was only between 1/4 and 1/3 of the MOA.  check it out here  Sunday I took the bus into the CBD (central business district, aka, downtown) which takes an hour. I met Carrie, the other families current nanny, near the Queen Street Mall ( and we walked along Southbank, which happened to have a market and entertainment that we wondered through a bit. Our real destination was the Streets Beach ( It is right along Southbank in the middle of the city. The link gives a good description. It is right next to the river, the lagoon is man made with lots of trees and tropical plants.  Looking into the lagoon you see the tropics but looking out to the river you can see the CBD, its pretty cool. Its not the ocean but its still entertaining.  We soaked up some sun, obviously not enough, see Greg's note above. After a nice stroll along the bank we went back to her house (read- family #2) to get a few things.  I talked to Trish and there are no hard feelings either way, they will keep me in mind for babysitting or if they need someone again when Im done here. Carrie and I then went to Jodi's house to make lasagna. Jodi is a family friend of #2's that is mine and Carries age.