Samos Island, here I come, Day 6

Samos Travel Blog

The main Samos beach

Here I come - Samos, a Greek Island.  It was a 2-hour ferry ride and I met a British couple on the way.  They were both teachers and were on a month-long holiday. It was a hoot that my Greek passport stamp with the picture of a boat instead of a plane.  That day was really hot.  I got a good tan.  First thing to do after we got off the ferry, find a foreign exchange cash center and eat some 'authentic Gyros.'  The entire lunch cost me about $5 dollars.  Greek money is called Drachma.  My food review of the gyro - YUMMY!

I couldn't really rent a moped (motorbike) to travel around.  Because by the time I could get to the other side of the island, it would be time for the ferry to depart.  Samos also this mini-cho cho train that can take you to part of the island expecially the top of the hill.  It was much breezier there compared to the hot coastline.  I met three teenagers who was stoked that I was from NY.  They said that they are tired of island living, they want to see the 'big bad city' like NYC I guess.

Now, I'm on my street trek to find a bottle of Ouzo (an annize liqour which is good with lemonade) that's on sale.  Checked out about 6 stores and bought it at a small vegetable stand run by two middle-aged Greek women.  The bottle better not break when I get to New York!

Samos town square