Kusadasi calling, Day 4

Kusadasi Travel Blog

Port of Kusadasi

By 8:30 AM we arrived in Kusadasi.  Hotel Ozcelik (http://www.kusadasihotels.com/ozcelik/) was a super-duper hotel, it's by the seaside!  My friend Leslie lost her passport and was sent back to Istanbul to contact the American Embassy - the embassy is closed on the weekend and we are leaving back to NY that Monday.  The most annoying that was that she blamed me that I lost it.  I would never hold anybody's passport.  Your passport is your responsibility.  I wanted to strangle her.

I enjoyed a full day of touring: Ephesus, House of Virgin Mary, a leather factory, and a carpet factory.

The Aegean sea next to my hotel
  At the carpet factory, I learned a lesson of carpet weaving. OK, I can't do this as a life profession but it looks good enough on photo.  At the House of Virgin Mary, Mary supposedly spent her last 3 years there with Saint Joseph.   Ephesus is an arena built by the Greeks for art performances.  When the Romans took over it, it became a gladiator arena.  Beautiful!

We took another side trip to a leather factory.  I didn't buy anything because I have enough leather jackets at home.  But, they presented a Fashion Show for us, the tourists.  I was even pulled to join in as a 'model.'  My years of watching MTV finally paid off.  I worked that run way baby!  I've eaten good Indian food while on this tour - ahh... basmati rice and curry.

The spa lady at Hotel Ozcelik highly recommended to visit Pumakkaleh.  This is the lime stone rocks with steaming hot natural water from the earth.  I've seen an episode from Globetrekker tv and it looks out of this world.  Gotta check it out the next time I'm in Türkiye.

The Great Theatre Ephesus
The Great Theatre Ephesus
With fellow tourist
With fellow tourist
Dancing up a storm. I was bummed o…
Dancing up a storm. I was bummed …
Kusadasi