EuropeItalyRome

The exchange rate is suicidal and Asia is so beautiful!!

Rome Travel Blog

Oh my freaking Lord...

I spent 75 Euros to taxi it from the airport to Ale's house. That would be $150 freaking dollars. FOR A TAXI RIDE. Oh my Lord shoot me. Yes, yes, I got swindled. But I also got stuck in crazy traffic and the poor taxi driver took me to 4 different ATMs to try and withdraw money. It's crazy how expensive Europe is getting, especially for poor Europeans! I mean, we have all the earning potential in the world here, more or less. But in Europe, the job market is far less flexible due to job security measures and rampant nepotism.

But I finally made it to Ale's. I am sooo happy to see her and Asia! They're absolutely beautiful. Asia has the best freaking smile. I can't believe Ale is a mom!!

We spent much of the day taking care of Asia, I can't believe how much there is to do being a mom.
Mom and baby!
I definitely have a lot of respect for Ale. If she's not spitting up, she's being fed, changed or her many clothes that have been spitted up on are being washed. I can see how parenting is a 2 person job. I haven't even seen Ale take a nap, whereas I slept for 5 hours after lunch... BAD JEN.

Made a call to my bank as I've had problems with withdrawing cash. Luckily I had $100 US with me, turned it in with some spare change and got back.. wait for it.. 51 Euro.. HOLY CRAPPERS. Talk about feeling defeated. Since this incident, I've looked at the prices of everything and just shaken my head. I think I'd rather starve than pay $40 US for a plate of spaghetti.. thank goodness I brought some power bars with me!

Asia is sooo incredibly beautiful/cute. It's pretty crazy what a magnetic personality she has considering, well.. she's a BABY. I'm absolutely addicted to her and her toothless grin that just melts away your heart. But I honestly can't figure out who she looks like! To me, she looks like neither Mahimbo or Ale as they are presently. I think maybe her mouth looks like Ale but I think it's going to take a few years for her to actually formulate features from mom and dad. She's obviously a beautiful mix of her parents, but I can't pinpoint what from whom! I just know that I could look at her toothless grin forever =)

kristinasub says:
Uhuhu, my God, that taxi driver take your skin :o/ I was in Rome last year in April and really had luck with normal taxi. Your bad luck seams to me as some "wild" taxi take you money, 'cause really if it's regular taxi they have control from their centre.
jenn79 says:
Alina you are too sweet! Will definitely make plans to visit! =)
alitoronto says:
She's a cutie:)

Jenn my dear, come to Toronto and I'll wait for you at the airport and you won't see the inside of a cab for some days:))Promise!
She was so hungry!
She was so hungry!
Me and Asia
Me and Asia
my first attempt at feeding her!
my first attempt at feeding her!
Oh really now!