Tigers, Tigers, Tigers!!!!

Bangkok Travel Blog

We did an all day tour. First thing we saw was the Bridge on the River Kwai. This is a sad history story (which some movies were made about this). During WWII the Japaneese took over the area. They want a path to India, so they decided to build a railway. They forced POWs to build the tracks through the jungle. This took 3 years and over 5,000 people died within that time. They died from stravation, disease & over work. They did all this work to have us bomb right after they build it. We rode on a train on the same tracks as that, known as the Death Railway.

Then we went to the Tiger Temple. This is an amazing place. It was started by one monk who took in orphaned cubs & ones that people tried too keep as pets.  The tigers are not kept in cages at this place. They do not feed them vegetarian food, they feed them real meat, but it is cooked so they don't get a taste for blood. Your get to walk through this temple & their is pigs, chickens, cows & deers roaming free. Kind of crazy! You go through this place & you get your picture taken with these tigers. The first stop, you get pictures with about 6 different tigers. You are also able to pet them too. Then the next place, you get your picture taken with little baby cubs.....oh they are so cute! The last place is up in the temple where there is just one tiger there. Justin & I paid for a picture take with tiger, no leash. It was crazy when we were sitting next to the tiger, he popped his head up & was all active. I thought for a minute that I was going to get my face eaten right off, but I didn't. We got to lay all over him. It was great. Then after that we were able to feed that tiger little treats. It was funny because there was this monk who was up there telling us feed him & take pictures. It was awesome to give him treats. One of his treats was stuck to my hand & was slobbering all over my hand & he started to use his paw to help. It was such a neat experience!!!!

jameson253 says:
How exciting! Glad you still have your face. I can't wait to see these pictures. XOXOXO
Posted on: Jun 06, 2008
jodisieler says:
I am so jealous always wamted to have a big cat but afraid it might eat you when you were a kid!What a moving experience that must have been. Love to you both and best wishes on all of your journeys. Love Mom
Posted on: Jun 05, 2008
nruoff says:
I'm so super jealous! I can only imagine how amazing it must be to be so close to tigers. I've always kinda wanted one as a pet but it'd probably eat Peezzo.

Sounds like you guys are just really seeing so much & learning a lot about other cultures which is great. I can't wait to hear about India too. Thailand & India were the places I was most interested in hearing about because they are sooooo different than America!
Posted on: Jun 05, 2008