Around New Dehli & Old Dehli

New Delhi Travel Blog

We meet with our tour group around 8:30 in the morning. There was 7 total of us, all from the us. Our guide was really nice & spoke great english. The first place we went to was the Red Fort. When we got there & got off the bus, we were swarmed by mass of people trying to sell us; post cards, books, elephants & many other things. You couldn't just say no & have them go away.....they kept trying to wheel & deal with you. No doesn't mean anything to those people. Once we got to the Fort it was amazing to learn all about it & to see it. After we left the Fort all the same people who were trying to sell you things earlier are still there asking you if you remember them & trying to work some more deals. Then we took a bicycle rikshaw through this "market." It was an outside shopping area. It was crazy riding through this. If you stretched your arms up, you would touch power lines. If you stretched your arms out to both sides you would touch the shops. There was tons of people, motorcycles & bicyclists all through there, besides the fact on how dirty it was through there too. We then went to the largest Mosque in India & learned about that. There we were also swarmed by people, trying to have us buy things including Indiana Jones whips that were made of camel skin. Wde had a great lunch. In the parking lot after lunch there was a guy sitting on the ground with a basket with a Cobra in it, playing music to have the snake "dance" around. We did not get a picture of that cause they will make you pay for taking a picture. We went and saw Ghandi's grave site. We also saw another grave which was the grand father of the guy who built the Taj Mahal. We learned that they got the idea of the Taj Mahal from this guys grave. It was a pretty impressive grave.

jameson253 says:
I don't think I could handle be that surrounded! I would be so claustrophobic! Crazy. I would like to see the dancing cobra though. I thought that was only in movies.
Posted on: Jun 18, 2008
nruoff says:
So did you guys buy anything??? Too bad about the picture w/ the cobra & cobra guy but still cool to see I'm sure!
Posted on: Jun 16, 2008
jodisieler says:
cool glad your days there are going better love Mom
Posted on: Jun 16, 2008