Thanks to all of you for making this trip possible

Miami Travel Blog

I am 2 weeks from “day 1” in my trip. I am exited, I am anxious, I am nervous. But over all, I am really happy to be able to make this trip with such good wishes from my friends, my family and all the new friends that I met through the Internet. My first stop is Hutchinson Island near Fort Pierce, Florida, a quiet place to relax and connect with local people, hear their stories and learn about the area. Cathy runs The Mellon Patch Inn, bed and breakfast or what I call from the pictures on her site “a little resort”. Their rooms are decorated in a comfortable Southwest style with hand painted walls. Anything made from our hands has a mystery feeling of love, we can’t see, but make us feel like we are at home. On my second day, I am meeting Jason from Cocoa Beach, who is going to introduce me to a local diner that “makes a great coffee”. He is a cameraman with a lot of local stories to tell. In Cocoa Beach I am staying in a vacation home half a block from the ocean with a view of Shuttle and Rocket launches from Kennedy Space Center. What makes this property special is not the location or it’s warm decoration, but the family who owns this property. They settled in Cocoa Beach in 1895 from Columbus, Ohio. They built the history of Cocoa Beach through “the first jelly factory in the South” and also were involved in the “space program” since 1956. Cocoa Beach is the home of many champion surfers such as Kelly Slater, 7 times world champion. For my friends, I will make a must-stop at the “Surfing Hall of the Fame” and learn more about Pat O’Hara, the famous surfboard shaper. After two days at this great city, I will stop in Daytona Beach and discover all about the Daytona 500. My trip keeps going north to Kelleys Island, stopping in Jacksonville, Fl, where I am going to meet at local professional tile floor installer with his Italian wife. She has challenged me and says she makes the best and original “late” that you can ever tested. Savannah, GA, Isles of Palms, SC, Myrtle Beach, SC, Carolina Beach, NC, another Jacksonville but this one in NC, The Rocky Mount in NC, Virginia Beach, VA, Ocean City, Atlantic City and Perth Amboy in NJ. Manhattan, NY I will be there for two days, to turn left and go west through Pennsylvania and then Ohio to my final destination KELLEYS ISLAND, OHIO. Thanks to all of you for making this trip possible. Without your hospitality and your guide through your city, it would be impossible for me to find all those little secrets that make you and your city special in this world. Thank you so much. Alfredo de la Fuente.